- Rhymes: -ɪljən
- 1896: Frank H. Hall, The Werner Arithmetic, Oral and Written,
Book Two, Parts I and II
- The names of the periods above trillion are as follows [...] 15th, tredecillion [...]
- 1946 CE:
United States Department of Commerce, The United States Department
of Commerce: How it serves you on land and sea and in the air, U.
S. Government Printing Office (1946)
- 3 quindecillion, 657 quattuordecillion, 262 tredecillion; which is to say the figures 3,657,262 followed by 42 ciphers. Operators of the key punch machines transfer a code symbol from the Census [...].
- 1994 CE:
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, The Arithmetic
Teacher, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (1994)
- The answer is read as: 13 sexdecillion, 253 quindecillion, 796 quattuordecillion, 742 tredecillion, [...].
- German: Tredezillion
- Words of Mathematics: An Etymological Dictionary of Mathematical Terms Used in English (1994).
Names of numbers larger than a quadrillion are almost never used, for reasons discussed further below. It is debatable which of them should be considered real working English vocabulary and which are merely trivia, curiosities, or coinages. The following table lists those names of numbers which are found in many English dictionaries and thus have a special claim to being "real words". The "Traditional British" values shown are unused in American English and are largely obsolete in British English, but are dominant in many non-English-speaking areas, including continental Europe and Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America; see Long and short scales.
The "standard dictionary numbers"
Other large numbers used in mathematics and physics
tredecillion in Arabic: مسميات الأعداد الضخمة
tredecillion in Danish: Navne på store tal
tredecillion in Korean: 큰 수
tredecillion in Latin: nomina permagnorum numerorum
tredecillion in Dutch: Lijst van grote getallen
tredecillion in Polish: Nazwy dużych liczb
tredecillion in Russian: Системы наименования чисел
tredecillion in Simple English: Octillion
tredecillion in Slovenian: imena velikih števil
tredecillion in Finnish: Suurten lukujen nimet
tredecillion in Swedish: Lista över räkneord
tredecillion in Chinese: %E5%8D%81%E8%BF%9B%E5%88%B6#.E7.94.A8.E6.96.87.E5.AD.97.E8.A1.A8.E7.A4.BA.E5.8D.81.E9.80.B2.E6.95.B4.E6.95.B8.E4.BD.8D